Transferring knowledge to our external partners
- Work undertaken by Loughborough University academics that is underpinned by excellent research
- Must have had an economic impact on a specific organisation or sector or a significant social or cultural impact
- Must involve collaboration with external organisation/s
- Must involve knowledge that is being embedded within an organisation or sector
- May also involve knowledge exchange between the University and the collaborating organisation/s
Apical Imaging Ltd – developers of cutting-edge image technology – has worked in partnership with the University’s Digital Imaging Research Group on a range of pioneering image enhancement projects over a number of years.
Loughborough researchers provided the scientific proof that innovative hot pants can help improve athletic performance. This research underpinned adidas’ ADIPOWER Hot Pants, as worn by Team GB’s track cyclists, including Sir Chris Hoy, at the London Olympics.
Natural ventilation and smoke control specialists, SE Controls, engaged in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership with Loughborough’s Civil and Building Engineering School to branch into a new market and reap the benefits of increased turnover.
Loughborough experts have teamed up with dynamics simulation software specialists SIMPACK to develop state-of-the-art technology to enhance tyre performance and safety testing for manufacturers of passenger and racing vehicles.